Saturday, 15 December 2007

Actual-sized chipmunks?

The previews are out for the new Alvin and the Chipmunks film...

I am not impressed. At all.

Alvin, Simon and Theodore are digitally animated non-cute LITTLE characters in the upcoming holiday film. They are not cartoons. And they are definitely not normal-sized. That is to say, they are 'real' chipmunk-sized. Excuse me - but that's just plain unacceptable. I mean, if you're going to do the whole 'suspending reality and using your imagination' notion to create chipmunks that not only talk, but actually sing (and dance), wear clothes AND act like stroppy teenagers, then you might as well make them four foot tall, rather than four inches tall.

- That's all I'm asking. I want the real Chipmunks back. The ones who hang out in cartoon land with Dave in his blue jumper and wear their corresponding turtleneck shift dresses (I mean cool-dude outfits) that hang down to their oh-so-eighties sneakers. Is that really such an unreasonable request?

I think not.

'We're the Chipmunks. C-H-I-P-M-U-N-Ks. We're the Chipmunks. Alvin. Simon. Theodore. Doo - doo - doo - do - de - doo. Doo - doo - doo - do - de - do!'

No comments: