Rewind two weeks ago to Monday, 28 January 2008
Lessons I learned today:
(1) I will always carry my epipen.
(2) I really like men in uniform - whether they be cops, paramedics, doctors in white coats.
(3) Children's doctors are ace at what they do, but they don't seem to be very sympathetic when you cry like a kid. I guess that's kind of understandable when they're looking at a 24-year-old woman in a business suit bawling her eyes out...
(4) Cannulae are meant to be good for you in helping to rehydrate the body with fluids and to administer medicine.
(5) In my case, a cannula is also a torture device that induces both vomitting and uncontrollable gagging upon sight.
(6) I love salbutamol. It makes the feeling that you are both drowning and being crushed by bricks go away. And I especially love it because it is an inhalant, rather than intravenous medication.
(7) There is such a thing as a delayed allergic reaction.
(8) Great Ormond Street Hospital is, in fact, a children's hospital.
(9) Code Blue means life-threatening emergency. And,
(10) I still will never administer an epipen to myself (Why would I, huh? They're still going to torture me with yucky needles. So I needn't bother to send myself into hysterics and am better off just booking it a l'hopital).
And that is what I learned two weeks ago.
1 comment:
I'm just glad you are OK!!! x
Post a Comment