Wednesday, 19 September 2007

Random Quote #3

I've been in kind of a sappy mood lately now that many of my friends have found new opportunities abroad and are off on further adventures. This one's not really a quote so much as an entire song to complement the opening credits of a lovely sitcom from way back when. I have fond memories of singing this song at camp in West Virginia with my fellow counsellors when we decided the theme of closing ceremonies would be sitcom theme songs. I sing this one to myself often enough considering how much I disliked being at camp due to snake infestations and reeking of horseshit upon my return home. It comes complete with side-swaying steps, hand clapping and a more gospel approach to singing. It makes me smile to think how dorky it is, but it's nice nonetheless - so I present to you another very random quote:

Thank you for being a friend
Travelled down the road and back again
Your heart is true
Your a pal and a confidant

And if you threw a party
Invited everyone you knew(-ew-ew, yeah)
You would see the biggest gift would be from me
And the card attached would say:

'Thank you for being a friend'.
(The Golden Girls, 1985-1992)

No comments: