And now I suppose it's time to reconsider these 10 potential career options from a year ago [see the preceding post if you're very confused].
In all honesty, obviously some of them weren't meant to be serious considerations, but I put them in for the fun of it to get some laughs (and also as a measure in case I veered too far off course...).
How far have I come in the past year? Hmm... now that's an interesting question.
I now present to you: Alli's Top 10 List of Potential Careers RECONSIDERED (2007 edition ).
1. Tour Guide of Southern England Pfuit, yeah right. No more history for me, I'm not even going to say please and thank you to that one. Who needs a history degree when you have a media degree? I mean, I could do the job of guide (sort of), but it would certainly be very unsatisfying. So NO. None of that.
2. Head Cheerleader Yeah, that can stay on the list.
3. Wedding Planner I wrote a dissertation on wedding magazines (I know, I know. I can hear you all saying to yourselves, 'What was she thinking?!'). I'm going to stay well away from this career choice for the next little while until I have recuperated.
4. People Watcher (in conjunction with tea drinker) Three words: STILL a pro.
5. Architect/Furniture Designer I still enjoy the idea and the potential challenge of this type of career but just one minor and insignificant detail gets in the way - more school - so no way, no how.
6. Guidance Counsellor see previous description and apply likewise.
7. Restauranteur Apparently I wasn't convinced last year and I have not made much progress in terms of my convictions. I'd only do it if it could be a Flat 8 enterprise as my former flatmates and I dreamed of one day setting up. If that actually developed into something feasible then this might be the best (ie most likely) of the lot.
8. Academic Erm, no.
9. Personal Shopper I think this might be my dream job... ok, no thinking or maybes about it. THIS IS MY DREAM JOB.
10. Student for Life Do you even need me to write it down for you to know what the answer to this one is? I didn't think so.
Erm, Houston, I think we have a problem. I'm going to have to seriously rework this list and see what other potential careers I can come up with. Or maybe, I should take all that precious time and dedicate it instead to actually making some applications for work? Hmm... tough call, very tough call.
Stay tuned...
Monday, 17 September 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment