This excerpt was originally written on 27 September 2006. Please stay tuned for an update as I regard exactly how wrong (or how right) I have gone in the past year.
'So-o. I have come to the long withheld realisation that I am indeed about to enter into another year of suffering in academia; and worse yet, I might potentially be wasting my time on a 'soft' course (otherwise termed Mickey Mouse degree). In order to alleviate the potential disaster that might in a year become monumental in my not-yet-so-long life I have compiled a list of jobs/careers that might potentially satisfy me or those dear to me in later life. I do intend to check this list for myself as a personal rating system of when, where and how I went terribly, terribly wrong and how I may go very, very right.
Alli's Top 10 potential careers that could POTENTIALLY lead her toward self-satisfaction (in no particular order):
1. Tour Guide of Southern England. Perhaps... it's not my number one (well here it is, but I didn't mean literally, or numerically), but at least it would put my history degree to some use.
2. Dallas Cowboys Head Cheerleader (someone once told me that what we played at as children may be a determining factor in what deep within we were meant to and hoped to be as adults.)
3. Wedding Planner (seriously considering, as it seems at this point that it may be unlikely that I will be getting married... all those wasted wedding ideas - I just couldn't have that!)
4. People Watcher (in conjunction with tea drinker). Three words: Already A Pro.
5. Architect/furniture designer. Another of those things I played at when I was little. Really, I'm quite serious. I was quite good with my legos and very good at working out the floorplans of my dream house. But so much school to contend with...
6. Guidance Counsellor (specific subject area TBD). Several of my jobs have already included this kind of work indirectly. Maybe I could hone my skills and actually make a career of it... or not...
7. Restauranteur. Yeah, maybe not. I'm not convinced by that one. It merely sounds good.
8. Academic. Yeah right. Even less likely...
9. Personal Shopper. YESSSSS!!!!!
10. And my ultimate plan in the end if absolutely all else fails to help me achieve satisfaction within my own self in terms of career accomplishments (which I know is only just one small fraction of life in total, but is quite useful to be considering at this point) - Student for LIFE. Say it with me: eww. What do you expect me to do with myself?! Grumble...'
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What about administrator?? Or university personell extraordinaire????
You know, I tried to make a list the other day and couldn't even get more than two... and both of those were POOOOOPY
Post a Comment