And now, it's time for another (actually, the inaugural) round of NAME THAT TUNE!
You're excited. I know. I can just feel the anticipation.
The backstory: My brother and I occasionally like to play this game but always with specific categories. In particular: Sitcom theme songs and commercial jingles. And I'm feeling a bit sentimental and missing Mikey at the moment and his knack for knowing so many of the 'tune challenges' I throw his way and his keen ability to stump me for nearly every one. My brother is an encyclopaedia of tunes.
Admittedly, this is going to be a very challenging game as you won't have the melody to work with, which from my own personal experience can sometimes be the key to unlocking the identity of an advert or programme. I also realise that some adverts might be region-specific, which also puts you at another disadvantage but I don't know which ones those would be because I likely haven't been to your 'region'. Sigh... But, I have confidence. You can do it. I know you can.
Let's start with sitcom theme songs for the very first round of NAME THAT TUNE!
'Show me that smile again. Don't waste another minute on your crying...'
'Thank you for being a friend. Travelled down the road and back again...'
'Whatever happened to predicatability? The milkman, the paperboy, evening TV.'
'There's a time for love and a time for living. You take a chance and face the wind.'
'Sometimes the world looks perfect, nothing to rearrange. Sometimes you get a feeling like you need some kind of change.'
'Boy the way Glen Miller played songs that made the hit parade.' (this happens to be my dad's ultimate favourite).
'Tell me why I love you like I do. Tell me who can stop my heart as much as you.'
'Making your way in the world today takes everything you've got.'
'I bet we been together for a million years. And I'll bet we'll be together for a million more.'
'Come and knock on our door. We've been waiting for you.'
'What would you do if I sang out of tune?'
'Don't know about the future that's anybody's guess. Ain't no good reason for getting all depressed.'
Best of luck on this bunch! I'll put the answers up soon (just so you have a chance to ponder without the temptation of scrolling down for the answers).
Sunday, 30 September 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment