Uhoh... I realised I couldn't put off for very long writing down the answers to the aforementioned theme songs as I am very, very likely to forget them myself. If you are confused - DISCONTINUE READING NOW and move to the next post. Otherwise you might spoil the fun. Here are the answers to NAME THAT TUNE!
1. Growing Pains - oh Kirk Cameron, you're such an 80's heartthrob.
2. The Golden Girls - this one should have been EASY as it's listed only a few posts back on this blog as one of the random quotes.
3. Full House - I was devastated to find out that Jodie Sweetin who played Stephanie Tanner (the middle daughter) is now a recovering meth addict. It was kind of heartbreaking and quashed a lot of my favourite childhood memories of this show. But I still love Uncle Jesse.
4. Who's the Boss? - Good question, who was the boss of this household? Angela or Tony. I don't think it was either - I think Mona was the one in charge.
5. Perfect Strangers - Balkie (is that how you spell it?) was the COOLEST! But thankfully, he's not actually my flatmate. I don't think I could cope with that.
6. All in the Family - why does my dad love this opening tune so much? Because of the way Jean Stapleton screeches out '...songs that made the hit parade'. That's why.
7. Mad About You - with Full House, I think this one is tied as being my favourite sitcom theme tune.
8. Cheers - makes you want to travel to Boston, doesn't it?
9. Family Ties - How did Andy, just like Chrissy on Growing Pains grow up so quickly? That's television magic I tell you. Random fact: Alex P. Keaton was just supposed to be plain Alex Keaton, but Michael J. Fox ad-libbed it in his audition and the producers liked it so they let him use it all the time. Fox is lucky to even have won the role as Alex, because producers had originally wanted Matthew Broderick (of Ferris Bueller fame) to play the part. On another note Fox's middle initial isn't even 'J'. It's 'A' for Andrew, but he wanted to avoid teen tabloids in the 80's using headlines such as Michael: 'A' FOX. Haha.*
10. Three's Company - I remember watching this after The Price Is Right during the summers as a kid. I remember being unaware of the fact that the characters were not real people and thus found it extremely jarring that Chrissy underwent significant cosmetic surgery and none of the other characters even acknowledged it.
11. The Wonder Years - Oh Kevin and Winnie. And the voice of Daniel Stern narrating.
12. Blossom - oh Joey Lawrence, you were the ultimate 90's heartthrob. In hindsight it is much easier to see now the error in my ways.
*I'm not sure why I have all of these random facts about Family Ties committed to memory. I am assuming though that I picked them up from imdb.com.
Monday, 1 October 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment