Sunday, 23 September 2007

Things I've learned this past week

1) I hate being a grown-up

(2) The Arctic Monkeys' new album has been severely overlooked by the critics. It is a decent album and shouldn't be given the label of 'sophomore slump'. It's not a slump; it's just been misunderstood. I still stand by as their fan.

(3) Looking for a new flat seems thrilling - except when the real estate competition reaches new cutthroat heights and then I find myself more than complacent to just give up and live in a cardboard box on the street corner.

(4) Enrique Iglesias irritates me. A lot.

(5) Chocolate biscuits are best when they're McVities chocolate digestives and they're served with a cup of hot tea.

(6) Living with four boys (even if only temporarily) is very, very trying.

(7) James Blunt irritates me even more than Enrique.

(8) If being a grown-up means that you are capable (finally) of making life decisions and autonomously determining your ultimate path, I am either still suffering from my youth, or someone else is very wrong. Yeah, I know how to make decisions, I just don't know which decision is the right one, and this is becoming a huge weight on my shoulders so why can't someone else just tell me what the right answer is?

(9) I could do with a voice transplant as I don't think a Mickey Mouse kid voice is very convincing on an adult figure.

(10) Home is whereever your friends and loved ones are. That is the only reason at this particular moment that I do believe Brighton has stopped feeling like home. (Thankfully, the castle and London are nearby and friends are there to make me feel like I am somewhat close to a home)

(11) I am 24. Yeah, this actually only finally hit home earlier today (despite being a half year in the making) when I forgot how old I was and had to do the maths to figure it out.

(12) If I had to pick between Jason Bourne and James Bond I would have a serious dilemma on my hands.

(13) Financial PR consultants are really intimidating.

(14) I don't think I'm going to be cut out for financial PR. Though I think it would be kind of cool to say I'm a PR girl. And wear really cute clothes

(15) I am very afraid of mice (actually, I knew this already, but it manifested itself again this past week when I found out there was a mouse in the house).

(16) I have been in the UK a long time. I know this is the case when I do a double take because someone is driving a foreign (ie non-British car) on the street and my brain can't make sense of why there isn't anyone on the driver's side (ie right) side of the car.

(17) Money matters in the real world... Barf.

(18) Apparently 'Holy Cow' is a very Canadian phrase (so says a Welshman).

(19) I'm not very good at MS Excel and would benefit from another workshop in it - but, I can colour-code cells on a spreadsheet very nicely.

(20) Growing up is overrated.

No comments: