Tuesday, 16 October 2007

A Day's Worth of Drama

Ahh, my penchant for the dramatic was certainly fulfilled today.

FIRST, I had to exit a building via a REAL FIRE ESCAPE (ie the ones that have signs on them that say keep off and that you can't get on to until the door has been unlocked when the fire alarms go off and that are all rickety from never being used).

AND THEN, someone got trapped beneath the train in Holborn Station during rush hour. We heard the medevac helicopter passing overhead. And when I went out to leave for the night - which I must say was at least an hour later - the station was still cordoned off with POLICE TAPE and there were FOUR FIRE ENGINES outside - maybe they had to use the jaws of life to break apart a whole train car to rescue whoever was underneath the train.

No word yet as to whether it was a jumper/someone was pushed/or someone was being irresponsible.

Oh, and there wasn't a fire this morning in the office. It was just a fire drill to make sure we knew the new escape procedures because they're doing refurbs on the front of the building.

But still, a very dramatic day that I thoroughly enjoyed. Hurrah!

No comments: