Wednesday, 17 October 2007

Is this what it's like to be a grown-up?

Well if it is, then forget it. I don't want it. You can have it back.

I have to buy furniture and set up accounts with water and electric and phone companies. I am not amused. At all.

But, maybe it is a good time to write down what I think I will be needing in order to make my house a home.

Bed - ok, a mattress will do
Bathroom mirror and a full-length mirror - yes, I am that vain
Hoover - must keep the flat tidy
Sofa or futon - preferably a futon so that I can have guests to stay
Shoe rack - I moved my shoes today. That itself was a task. 26 pairs and counting...
Washing machine - least favourite thing to have to sort
Phone line - not so much for the phone, but the opportunity to get internet
Drying rack - for my clothes. Though clearly not important until I get washing machine.
Clothes rack - my clothing collection is of similar proportion to my shoe collection
A shelving unit - I have a lot of books it seems - though this is not high on the list of priorities
A liquifier - I am really looking forward to getting one of my own
A brita - so that I can drink the tap water and not get cooties

No comments: