Wednesday, 10 October 2007

What would you do?

I was just in the loos and noticed an advert that reminded me of something a former classmate once mentioned.

Consider this: If you were a member of a visible 'minority' and had the option of getting free condoms from a sexual advice centre whilst those of the visible 'majority' were required to pay for them would you:

(a) Not notice the double standard.
(b) Notice, but do nothing about the situation
(c) Recognise this as an issue and raise it as a concern of unfair treatment?

I don't have any answers for any of the aforementioned options; I just thought it was something worth mentioning and something to take into consideration.

What would I choose? Not really any of them actually. I would queue up and take all the free condoms and give them to anyone and everyone for free. So it's sort of 'c', but in a passive agressive way, like 'I'm taking advantage the system because it sucks and they deserve it but I'm a bit of a chicken still' kind of way.

No comments: