In other news:
I have (some) furniture!
I bought a secondhand futon the other day that is being delivered Wednesday. I am slightly concerned though as the delivery men are volunteers and too old to move it all the way upstairs so I'm going to try and do it myself (if you're laughing that's a good thing, I'm laughing at myself too). I actually think the base won't be too bad. It's the jumbo sized mattress that's going to be problematic. I think it might weight two of me.
I also have a new 'thingy' (sorry I'm not very up on furniture speak) - it's that thing that your gran displays her fine dishes on in the dining room - well, anyway, I got one of those but I ripped the display part off and put a mirror on instead and stuck it in my bedroom and put all my makeup and magazines in it.
And I got a bookcase to put my books/cds/unusable dvds on.
I got a hoover to tidy up with once I get all the boxes emptied and everything off the ground and an iron - I still need an ironing board though as my carpet may now attest to as I accidentally singed it ever so slightly the other day. Just slightly, really.
What else? Oh yes, and the plumber is going to 'plumb in' my washing machine sometime this week so I can check and see how that new dress actually washes.
Otherwise, I'm still sleeping on an air mattress (don't tell my mum) and currently have nowhere to actually eat my dinner as I don't have any table or chairs, but that's for another weekend. Living on your own and having to set up a flat takes a lot of time. I fell asleep before midnight last night, but only woke up at 3am to realise this. I hadn't even meant to go to bed then.
So, that's the update on the flat.
Ta-da.
Sunday, 11 November 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment