Sunday, 11 November 2007

Sigh...

It's been too long.
I am not coping well sans l'internet. Hopefully the BT dumboheads will turn up soon and give me a phone line and internet. Then I can update you more regularly.

Otherwise, things are peachy keen. I'm exhausted trying to balance two jobs currently (I'm transitioning into a new position while simultaneously transitioning out of the old one), but as you must know by now - I live for it. I do find it quite thrilling to be running for trains because I'm 'late for a meeting' and choosing my outfits carefully so I look professional and not pushover-y.

But let's face facts: there's still a long way to go - I haven't built up enough self-confidence to lie through my teeth pretending I know what I'm talking about to really important (or even not quite so important clients)... yet. It's a steep learning curve but it brings a smile to my face. And when I finally get my own namecards I will have a massive smile on my face because our colour scheme is red on one side and white and pink on the other.

The worry has already set in again though as this is only a short contract and I will need another job by next summer. Yikes, and if I want to get anywhere in London I'm going to have to pull it together and get even more experience under my belt. And I just don't know if that's going to be accomplishable. So I'm revising my CV for a massive re-edit so I look more together and more of an expert in my chosen field (still to be determined). And then I'm going to practice talking the talk to anyone and everyone who will listen.

The end. Fin.

No comments: