Thursday, 17 January 2008

And worth every penny

So, here's the deal. I'm really crap at keeping up-to-date on this blog, and when I do make the effort, it's really only a half-effort due to extreme exhaustion.

Don't get me wrong. I would like to dedicate more time to my blog. And also don't get me 'right'. I like my job despite all the whinging I do about it. Actually, as my friend Rich pointed out to me today, I've basically sold-out to the London effect and am probably more career-driven than I had ever hoped (and maybe even wanted) to be.

I faced up to the facts and admitted that I have indeed sold my soul to London and the hope of having a glamourous career and meeting ultra-fab people. At least for now. I catch myself name-dropping (occasionally), pressing the issue until I get what I want (all the time) and generally find myself acting like a cold, heartless, money-hungry zombie (only on the really bad days). Hmm... hopefully it is just for now. I don't really think it suits me, but in my typically (terrible) 'London' way, I think it's totally worth it.

For now.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Well, I hope you are still able to peck out a few juicy tid-bits, my dear! And I'd love to see photos of your new pad! (well, newish now, eh?) xo