Friday, 18 January 2008

Good Morning Sunshine!

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Smack!

[That's the sound of my alarm clock going off this morning. And me hitting snooze.]
No - I don't want to get up - just five more minutes.

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

No - I am tired! I don't want to - wait a minute! DAY OFF! HOOOORRRRRRAAAAAYYYY!

Smack! [well, the alarm clock was still going off at this point, so it had to be done.]

And just like that, my attitude towards getting up has done an about-face.
I'm up and at 'em and rrrready to go! What shall I do today instead of elbowing my way through Victoria station, organising hundreds of partners and their events and making endless cups of tea to keep me going? Hmm... choices, choices.

So, I'm up and out of bed and fresh as a button and it's 7 o'clock in the morning. But first, before the plans can be made, I have to brush my teeth (dental hygiene is imperative for overall wellbeing, naturally).

Brush. Brush. Brush... bru... Bollocks! [That would be me coming to the realisation that I know exactly what I have to do today.]

No more plans can be made. As I look past my own reflection in the mirror I can see down the hall into the kitchen and the massive pile of dishes that needs to be done. Yes, I know, this is just one task - I still have the whole day ahead of me! But the realisation comes with the added 'bonus' epiphany that my parents are arriving tomorrow morning. And my flat is. A. Mess. A really big one too.

So, time is short. A checklist is necessary. Let's start.

Checklist:

(1) Clean flat to spic-and-span standards for my mother's approval.

I think that encompasses everything - no need to waste time going into details. There's not much time.

Ready? Set. Go!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

You're hilarious! Good luck!