Monday, 17 March 2008

Headline news that I actually thought about today

I usually do a quick scan of the days news and then get on with the everyday, but today was different. I actually read and thought about this stuff and how it (a) affects someone I know and (b) just how little I know about things beyond my everyday that are easily someone else's.

So today I thought about:

(1) Independence for Kosovo (on account of having lived with Fjolla)
(2) Chinese-Tibetan relations (especially since living with Richa who I believe is currently in Nepal)
(3) Atlanta, Georgia (which made me think of Nicole)

Now, if I'm being honest this is unlikely to have been a huge leap forward as I will likely regress from this point of enlightenment by tomorrow morning, but I'm glad it made me think today and made me read beyond the front page to something a bit more. Wiki-ing it counts, sort of, right?

No comments: