Good points about today:
I got to stand on stage (I didn't realise how much I missed it).
The UKFCS hosts who were genuinely happy to have me there.
I did not have to speak on the aforementioned stage (just smile).
Dominic for saving my ass and doing the speech for me.
I was a VIP at a function.
Someone gave me a flower (ok, it was a corsage thingy that I had to wear because of VIP status).
The little boy who recited the story of Journey to the West in under three minutes (and in a single breath) was the sweetest act.
Bad points about today:
The rain.
The soy drink that was given out as a refreshment.
Seeing my name in the programme as the third speaker (minor heart palpitations ensued).
The poor set changes between acts.
The screaming teenage girls who 'won' the dance competition.
The girl in the gaggle of teenage girls who 'won' that decided to cry as if she had won the Miss America pageant (fanning hand motion and all).
Ok, maybe this last point was highly amusing, except that it continued on for the duration of the awards ceremony which was at least another ten minutes.
Sunday, 16 March 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment